• BioInitiative Report 2012: Large independent research report documenting EMF radiation.
In 2012 a report on the biological effects of radiation from the BioInitiative Working Group, updated with 1800 new studies since the first edition in 2007, is published. It brings the number of studies close to 4000. The report was prepared by an international team of 29 independent researchers and experts. The report’s overall conclusion, based on the scientific examination, is that the applicable limits for radiation from wireless technology should be immediately lowered to a safer level, many thousands of times lower than the maximum permissible values are in today. Click here to go to the BioInitiative report website(English).
• Brain cancer more than doubled in last 20 years – 2018
Recent study published by the Journal of Public Health and Environment analyzed 79,241 malignant brain tumors over 20 years and found that cases of Glioblastoma Multiforme have increased 140% from 1995 to 2015. The study is the first to analyze the incidences of different types of malignant tumors. See the study here.
• Up to 400% increased risk of deadly tumors – 2014
Mobile Radiation is linked to a certain type of malicious tumor called glioma. Daily use a mobile phone for more than 30 minutes for a period of 10 years, resulting in up to 400% increased risk of developing this type of brain tumor according to research conducted by the renowned Swedish researcher Lennart Hardell and his team of researchers from Örebro Universitetsjukhus. See the study here
• Increased risk of developing cancer – 2006
Research finds that young people who use cell phones have a 520% increased risk of developing cancer. For adults it is 270%. Source: Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine, Vol. 25, Iss. 4, Dec. 2006, p. 349-360
• Just 10 years of consistent cell phone use linked to higher risk of glioma – 2006
Studies find that consistent cell phone use of 10 years or more raises the risk of glioma, the most deadly form of brain cancer. See the study here.
• Prenatal exposure to cell phones linked to behavioral problems – 2010
A study by the University of Southern California found that children of mothers who used cell phones more extensively during pregnancy, and to a lesser degree after pregnancy, had greater behavioral problems. See the study here.
• The European Environment Agency (EU advisory body) warns of health risks from mobile phone radiation – 2011
Environment Agency recommends that the precautionary principle be invoked to take precautions about mobile phone radiation because research indicates that radiation can be harmful. Environment Agency in 2011, appealed for the following:
- – Governments and telecom industry to encouraging people to reduce exposure to mobile phone radiation, for example, by not holding cell phones up to the head.
- – The current limit values for mobile radiation should be reviewed and revised.
- – The introduction of effective descriptions (English: “labeling”) and warnings about the possible health risks of using cell phones.
• Children absorb more mobile phone radiation than adults – 2006:
According to a study by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Utah, children absorb twice as much EMF radiation in the brain and up to 10 times more EMF in the skull bone marrow.
• Mobile Use reduces children’s cognitive abilities – 2011:
Russian research shows that mobile using children become more tired and have reduced cognitive functions in relation to non-mobile using children.
English version is available here: Psychophysiological CHARACTERISTICS OF CHILDREN CELL PHONE USERS.pdf
• Mobile telephone and sleep disorder – 2011
Study confirms previous studies that mobile radiation affects brain waves and alters sleep. Http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20857453
• Mobile Phones affects sleep, headaches and depression – 2007
Study shows that mobile phone radiation (from mobile phones / GSM) can result in less sleep and more headaches and depression. The Effects of 884 MHz GSM Wireless Communication Signals on Self-reported Symptoms and Sleep An Experimental provocation Study.pdf http: //www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news / …
• Mobile phone radiation lowers melatonin levels – 2002
Prolonged use of cellular phones leads to lower melatonin levels: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12456290
Radiation and heart rhythm disturbances – 2010
A study shows that the base station to a cordless landline telephone (DECT) can disrupt heart rhythm. Havas-HRV Ramazzini1.pdf (see page 279 of the report)
• Mobile Radiation increases cell death – 2012
A study shows that prolonged mobile phone radiation can increase cell death up to 37%. Http: //www.ncbi.nlm.nih .gov / pubmed / 22778799
• Mobile radiation and brain waves – 2010
A study shows that mobile phone radiation (2G / GSM) changes the brain waves of 13 to 15 year olds. Http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20564174
• Mobile Phone Radiation and headache – 2007:
Studies show increased tendency to headaches, memory loss, etc. after exposure to mobile phone radiation:http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bem.20379/abstract
• 2004: A survey shows that mobile phone users have increased rates of headaches and sleep problems
• Mobile Radiation and stress – 2011:
Study shows that mobile phone radiation strongly affects the production of stress hormones –
You can read more about the survey here: http://www.weepinitiative.org/news/Eskander-et-al-2011.pdf
• Mobile radiation and DNA damage – 2012:
Short term exposure to radiation from mobile phones damages the hair-DNA in humans. Http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22348707?dopt=Abstract#
• Mobile Radiation and reduced sperm quality in men
A scientific study by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) concluded that mobile phone radiation can harm male fertility. The studies show, among other things:
- • Men who carried a cell phone in a back pocket or belt had 11 percent fewer moving sperm cells than men who wore phone elsewhere on the body (Kilgallon 2005).
- • Men who carried a cell phone on a belt and used it intensively during a five-day test period was a 19 percent decrease in very motile sperm from their previous level (Davoudi 2002).
- • Men who talked on a cell phone for more than an hour a day had 17 percent fewer highly motile sperm than men who spoke less than 15 minutes a day (Fejes 2005).
• Negative effect on the body’s cells, organs, tissues, and DNA
Research has shown that mobile radiation interferes with the body cells, organisms and DNA, which can lead to imbalance and diseases. Mobile rays also damage the body’s DNA, which can lead to biological disorders, diseases and cancer. Source: Professor Olle Johanson from Karolinski University, Sweden
• Exposure to electromagnetic fields and suicide among electric utility workers
Studies shows an increase in suicide deaths among electric utility workers with greater risk among those with the highest EMF exposure.